Tuesday, January 10, 2012

::Insert Cliche 2012 Title Here::


It's been a long, long time since I've done any real blogging. I started this blog after doing some research into military life when Eric left for basic training in 2010. There are so many wonderful military spouse blogs on the internet and although many of them don't focus solely on their lives as milspouses, I got a great glimpse into what would lie ahead for me when Eric and I were married.

Writing has always been something I loved and I had even attempted a blog or two before this one. But the milspouse blog community was one I could connect with and have mostly stuck with it since. I don't write as much anymore because Eric and I are finally married and living together but I still read blogs every day and follow many of you on twitter (follow me, I'm much more active on there haha! @happyhereblog).

Eric and I have been very lucky when it comes to the Army so far. We had no issues with him getting leave for the wedding, for our honeymoon, or for the holidays. Sure, there's been a few disappointments along the way but so far so good. Sadly, 2012 looks like it might be a little different as his unit will be going on a month-long training trip this spring and then most likely deploying come late spring/early summer.

Since moving here in June I have made a few friends and (thankfully?) all of them will be going through their husband's first deployment at the same time as me. I'm sure my blogging will pick up once Eric is gone but until them I am enjoying the time we have together.

And what would the first post of 2012 be without some goals!?!


  • work harder on creating a budget and sticking to it
  • build up our savings account
  • continue to work on my heath but don't worry when I miss a workout or two
  • complete my first two, of three, nutrition courses I am taking at home
  • get a real job by March (especially since they are trying to kill me @ the Y...post on that to follow)

I hope everyone has had a great start to 2012!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment