Monday, July 25, 2011

Friday Night Out & The Apartment Tour

I can't believe it's Monday again already, time is flying by! If I were still living in Wisconsin I would be dreading the month of August because it's usually the last month of mostly nice weather, but living in Georgia I feel like summer will never end (I know it will get colder here, but not anytime soon).

I finally went out for the first time since being down here on Friday night.  About a month ago a twitter/fellow blogger friend commented on the difficulties of making friends in new places. I agreed 100% on that because I had met ZERO females here. I was introduced via facebook to a girl who lives on Fort Benning and we do talk frequently on facebook, just haven't found the time to get together in person yet but that is in the plans soon! Another twitter/fellow blogger friend suggested looking for a Meetup group (www.meetup.com) in the area.

That night I searched their site and found a Meetup Group for Fort Benning Army Wives. I've attended a few events, coffee chats at Starbucks..yummy, where I've meet quite a few girls who have been so nice and welcoming. One of their "regular" meet up events is a themed bunco night, and this past Friday night's theme was "trailer trash bunco". It was a blast and I had a great time talking with the girls I've already met and meeting quite a few more people, including the FRG leader for Eric's unit!

The event was held at a member's new home in Alabama (for those of you who don't know, Fort Benning is on the GA-AL border), and I got a little lost on the way because her neighborhood isn't on the GPS yet. I kept thinking how strange it was to be driving around in Alabama dressed up as trailer trash. If you would have told me a year and a half ago that I would be doing that I would have looked at you like you had two heads, life has changed so much for me recently!

My job search has come to an interesting point, I gave in and applied at the YMCA here ahead of my "will apply anywhere come August 15th if I can't find a 'real' job" deadline because I was going so stir crazy during the days. I have yet to hear back from them so I will do a follow up phone call later today and hopefully something comes of that. I also found out that my boss from my job I worked at until June wants me to work from Georgia for her since she has no one to do the marketing/social media things I was doing. I have no idea how many hours I'll be working a week but it will be nice to be at least doing something.

That was much longer than I had intended it to be so I will get to the pictures of our apartment!

 Our kitchen

 The living room and my homemade curtains :)

 The dining room and sunroom

 Guest bathroom
 
 Our bathroom

 Our bedroom

Sonie's room ;)

And my trailer trash outfit! Not sure why I have such a surprised look on my face haha


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and you look good for "tailer trash"!!! Do you live on or off post? It looks really nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apartment! So cute!

    ReplyDelete