Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Georgia and A Handsome Boy

I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was FANTASTIC!! I had such a good time in Georgia and I can't wait to move down there! Let me tell you, coming from Wisconsin winter to Georgia spring (which to me is summer weather) made me a very happy girl. I got to wear flip flops! And shorts! Oh, and I got to spend the weekend with a cute boy :)

I had a longer day of traveling on Friday because my flight left Milwaukee at 7:50 am and I landed in Pittsburgh a little after 10. (Yeah, who goes from WI to GA via Pittsburgh..that was a really dumb idea because I could have been majorly screwed up if there had been bad weather...lesson learned for next time) After sitting in a very gray Pittsburgh airport looking outside at the very gray and snowy weather for almost 4 hours I finally got on my flight to GA. Both flights were good and I didn't have anyone sitting next to me. That makes for an amazing flight, let me tell you.

 A bird in the airport haha
 
I went to my baggage carousel to get my suitcase and waited, and waited, and waited. I looked up and noticed there were only 4 very concerned people left standing with me. Crap. Crap crap crap! Where is my bag!?!?! I was already in kind of a hurry because I wanted to be on a shuttle that was leaving in 15 or so minutes. I walked over to the Air Tran office and the guy was on the phone with a customer. Grr. Finally he got off and told me I had to go to the office across from carousel 6. As I was walking over there all I could see was a ton of people. I did NOT want to wait in a long line, I just wanted to be in Columbus and see Eric. Thankfully they just happened to be standing near the door to the office and only the lady that worked there was inside. I looked around at the 15 or so suitcases and didn't see mine :( She asked me where I flew in from and then went to grab a clipboard. Ta dah!! There was my bag!! She laughed and told me it had been there ALL day. Apparently Air Tran felt my bag needed to arrive in Atlanta hours before I did, giving me a minor heart attack. But I got my suitcase, headed out into the warm weather, and got on the shuttle to Columbus.

Eric and I had such a good weekend together. I still can't believe how well him and I are together. I know that might sound weird but I never thought I would find a guy that I would get along with so well. (okay..now that sounds really weird..it's so hard to put into words).

Anyway, Friday night we went out to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and then headed back to the hotel. Saturday morning we got up and went to get lunch at McDonalds because we both really wanted a Shamrock Shake. (Quick side story, one of the first things we did together was go to McDonalds for a Shamrock Shake and then we had our first kiss in my car after :) ) The first place we went the girl sounded a little unsure of what we were talking about when she said they didn't have them. The second place also said they didn't have them but we ended up getting food and taking it back to his room in the barracks. His room was so depressing haha, no wonder he can't wait to move off post. He took out his computer after we ate and we looked up to see if any McDonalds close by had them. Only one in Columbus was listed so we put it in the gps and headed there. Again the girl sounded like she had no idea what we were talking about. What's wrong with you Georgia, how do you not know what a Shamrock Shake is!?! After about 3 minutes, and then a 5 minute wait in the parking lot, we got our Shamrock Shakes!!


The rest of the afternoon was spent looking at different apartments in the area. Four of the ones we looked at are all owned by the same company. Only at the last one did they have something to actually show us inside but it was a two bedroom and not a one bedroom. That was okay with us, we just wanted to see the inside of at least one of them. All of them looked really nice on the outside and the actual inside we got to see was pretty decent so we are going to put ourselves on a priority list with our top 3 choices so we get a call with what's available come July 1st. I'm really hoping they have something for us because they were pretty much at 100% occupancy and they operate on only a 30 day notice.

 Dinner at BW3s

Saturday night we went to dinner at a restaurant called Bones and it was pretty good. Then we just headed back to the hotel room again. Sunday morning we drove to Atlanta and got lunch at a yummy Mexican place and then walked around Ikea for a while before he dropped me off at the airport :( I was so sad to leave but I'll be going back again on March 17th and this time we get to spend 4 days together! And it's our 1 year anniversary!

 In Eric's (depressing) room

Sorry for the uber long post, now I need to go get some much needed wedding things done!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You picked a great weekend to come down here!! As for the apartments, don't worry too much about it. We found one with absolutely no problems!! There are SO many apartment complexes in this city and the turnover is really high (I see at least 2-3 moving trucks in our place daily!!)

    I love living here, I wish we weren't leaving in a couple weeks!!

    ReplyDelete