Friday, February 4, 2011


Oh wait, I already had a mid-week weekend! Blizzard 2011 stopped by here Tuesday into Wednesday leaving about 23 inches of white stuff that got blown around by the ridiculous 50-60 mile-an-hour winds. I left work early on Tuesday to beat the snow home, and thankfully my class at the Y got canceled. I already knew Wednesday was going to be a snow day at the college I work at and thank goodness because this is what I woke up to.

That's my car under there!
There were a ton of snow drifts but our whole driveway was this deep. I don't think I've ever seen this much snow fall in a single storm. My dad was up a few times on Tuesday night and at one point I looked out the window and couldn't see the house across the street. Because I was wide awake I was playing around on my phone and checked to see if there were any reports of snowfall totals on There weren't any, but there was a civil danger warning. Yeah, I had never heard of it either. Apparently the roads were so bad that the National Guard units that were called out to help stranded motorists were getting stuck in their humvees. 
 That fence comes up to about shoulder height, so much snow!

The snow stopped around 10 or 11 on Wednesday morning and the sun came out (that was kind of weird) but because so much snow had fallen and the winds made it impossible to clear anything as it fell schools began canceling for Thursday. I was pleasantly surprised when we got a call saying the university I work at would be closed again. So I enjoyed two wonderful snow days while doing a whole lot of nothing. Minus the shoveling and knocking down snow drifts which I am still sore from two days later. 

Onto some non-weather related news, remember how I was so excited because I thought my next post would be number 100? Yeah, I thought wrong. Apparently Blogger counts drafts so after I went in and erased my drafts I was down to 92. So I'm almost there, but not quite. 

This is actually the second time I'm writing this post because I was so excited when I read that Blogger came out with an app for the Droid that I had to immediately download it and write something up. I was so excited that I wrote a glowing review about it in that post...until I hit publish. Two days ago. It never went through so I just removed the app from my phone and might try again some day. Oh well, I'm really hoping it was just a one time error. Have a good weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment