Friday, November 19, 2010

It's Been Way Too Long!

I've been gone from the blogging world for way too long and played a few hours of catch up yesterday reading all of the blogs I follow, but those 3 1/2 weeks were definitely not uneventful.  Eric and I spent every day together (yeah I got to see him every day, it was simply wonderful) and did quite a bit of traveling and visiting with family and friends.

For Eric's birthday I got him a night in the Dells at the Wilderness.  We ended up making a long weekend out of it and visited his cousin and fiance for two nights, went to my grandparents house for a night so he could meet them and ended our little trip in the Dells.  We had a ton of fun at the water park and he took me out to a romantic dinner that ended with a proposal :) The whole night was perfect and the little sneak planned it out perfectly.  At the end of dinner we ordered a slice of cheesecake and the waiter delivered it on a silver platter with a lid and set it in front of me.  When he uncovered it my ring was on top and Eric got down on his knee and asked me to marry him.  I still can't believe I get to marry him, how did I get so lucky!?! And the ring, I love it, it's beautiful.

I had planned, and started, to participate in NaNoWriMo (writing a 50,000 word novel in the month of November) but that's officially been replaced with wedding planning.  We are thinking about June 2011 so we have a lot to get done.  We have a reception venue picked out, thanks to both my mom and I working there, but we still need to find a ceremony site.  I think I'm going to copy a few of you and start the Wedding Wednesday posts because I love reading them and frankly, I'm not creative enough to spin it another way while making it sound original :) 

Eric is officially at Fort Benning and currently doing in processing.  He got some good news today about it probably being a while till they deploy since his unit just got back this month from deployment.  That's a huge relief to hear because I feel a lot better about him being around for the wedding and then having time with him after we are husband and wife :) Oh my goodness that is so exciting to say and I can't wait till I can be down there with him.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and here a few pictures from the past few weeks.

 Eric's first night home.
 Getting ready before a night out.
 Before dinner in the Dells (and the proposal!)
 At the Colts game in Indy
 <3 you.

2 comments:

  1. congrats darling! i'm currently doing the long distance thing with my love, so I totally know how exciting it gets when you get to see each other again :). 4 more days! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I am a new follower from the blog hop :) Your pictures are super cute :) I am a mil-spouse and did the long distance thing for a while so I definately know where your coming from!

    ReplyDelete