Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Life From A-Z (for now)

I started a blog a few months ago (it was probably longer than that, time seems to be moving at a mind boggling speed lately). Well, it was an absolute and utter failure, this time though I am going to stick with it.  My promise to you is at least one post a week, hopefully more but only time will tell. 

So for those unfamiliar with where I have landed myself a week before my 23rd birthday here is a small recap..

I was born and raised in the not-so-glamorous city of Kenosha, WI.  I graduated high school in 2005 and went to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire where I received my BA in Mass Communications with a public relations emphasis in May 2009.  While in school I joined Alpha Xi Delta and met the most amazing sorority sisters with whom I know I'll be friends for life.  My sophomore year I decided I was ready to come out of my short-lived retirement from swimming and joined the UWEC swim team (OH HELL YES EAU CLAIRE!)  Shortly after that I realized my swimming career peaked in high school but I stuck with it and was voted one of the captains my senior year.  It was a rough year with work, school, the sorority and swimming but I made it out alive and wouldn't change a thing.

I swore up and down that I would not move home after college, I was the "big city girl" and I was going to get a job with a PR firm in Charlotte, NC. As you may have guessed, that hasn't worked out so well and one year and almost two months after graduation I am living at home and working as a lifeguard.  This is not what I had planned.  At all.

This past March my life was changed for the better when a crazy guy and his friend kept coming to the Y to swim while I was working.  Usually I don't talk to guys while I'm at work but something about this one was different.  I finally agreed to hang out with him and some friends outside of the Y and the rest is history.  Eric recently graduated basic training from the Army and is now attending AIT 900 miles away until sometime in October.  (I'll probably do a post about this later because it was a great experience)  He has changed my life in the 4 months we have been together and I know I have found the man I am meant to be with.  I never, ever pictured myself being with someone in the military but I am so incredibly proud of what he is doing, even if it means most of our time together is spent on the phone.

So that's where I stand today, not exactly where I pictured, but still... happy here.

Andrea



No comments:

Post a Comment