Friday, July 23, 2010

I Need Out of Here

To prove just how much this city and I need to break up, I went to the library today (why yes, I am a nerd thank you) and after perusing the aisles when not 1, not 2, but 3 of the books I wanted to read were checked out I finally settled on some chick lit and a book I've never heard of.  I get up to the counter and hand the lady my books, then I get out my library card and she proceeds to scan it through the computer.  Oops, didn't work, let's try that again.  Still, nothing.  THEY KICKED ME OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM.  That was a low blow Kenosha Public Library, I know I've been feeding my Barnes and Noble addiction beyond my means lately but I still love you and your countless shelves of literary pleasures.

After that little adventure I went to Target to get a few things and ran into a friend I had not seen in a while.  We were talking about how we hadn't seen each other in so long and realized it's because neither of us had been out in so long.  Besides going out for a couple hours to grab a beer I have not gone out (as in, pick out an outfit, shower, do my hair, blah blah blah, get drunk) since April.  Actually, it's probably been since March.  I need a life and I obviously do not have one here.  I know, you're thinking "hey dumb ass, why don't you just go out then?"  Honestly, I don't really want to.  There, I said it. 

This city has been good to me.  I've had some good times here, high school was mostly enjoyable and I've met some great people. But then I went away.  Four hours away in fact, but it might as well have been half a world away because high school me and post-college me are two very different people.  Not to mention that I lost almost all of my friends from home because of one jealous bitch.  (Maybe I'll write a post about this later, I feel like that could be fun)

So, I need out of here.  Badly.  Thank goodness for falling in love with a man who chose to join the Army.  (this sort of makes it sound like I'm using him, there are obvious benefits to his current career choice but I am not blind to the disadvantages as well). I know, and he knows, that we belong together and we will get married.  And as much as "independent me" hates to admit this, I will gladly follow him anywhere to be with him.  And thank God that won't be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment